Your role in maintaining a quality service at St Clement’s Surgery
- Please give all information about your illness when you consult the Doctor or the Nurse.
- Please attend the Surgery whenever possible, rather than requesting a home visit. Your medical records are available at the Surgery. We have equipment and facilities needed to treat you and the Doctor is able to see many more patients in the surgery than is possible with home visits.
- Please inform us of any change of address, telephone or name so that our records are kept up to date.
- Please only use the night service in an emergency or if the call cannot wait until the next day. Inappropriate use of this means that seriously ill people may have to wait longer for a visit.
- Please be polite to our staff. They are working to provide you with a high standard of health care. If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints then the Practice Manager or one of the receptionists will be pleased to talk to you.
- We are always pleased to see children in the Surgery and a purpose built children’s area has been provided, but please make sure your children behave in a reasonable way as people who are feeling unwell can find noisy behaviour disturbing.
- If you cannot keep an appointment please let us know as soon as possible and at the latest by 11:00am on the day. Patients are notified in writing if they fail to attend pre-booked appointments. After two missed appointments patients are not offered afternoon appointments for a period of three months and must attend morning surgery if they need to see a doctor or nurse. This is also recorded in their notes, so all staff are aware of the situation.